We've extended the submission period to include more entries! You now have until August 15th to email us your video. So far we've received some really great entries and can't wait to put this video together for Mattel. Take a listen to our latest episode for a full description and our thoughts on the video project. Aaron Beyer joined me in Episode 61 for the full announcement!
Below you'll find our original post along with a few updates rules:
Jurassic Fans! You may have heard the news that Universal has moved the Jurassic Park franchise toy license over to Mattel. In an effort to welcome Mattel to the Jurassic family, we at The Jurassic Park Podcast would like to send a video of as many fans as possible congratulating them on the license acquisition. Just grab your cell phone and record a video message to the new artists and toy makers. We will edit the video together and put it on YouTube in order to link it to their social media accounts.
This can also be a unique opportunity to put in your input. Maybe you want a specific dinosaur made, maybe you'd like them to try to blend with the Kenner toys, or even start a 'Jurassic Girls' doll line. We have the ability ban together to get our voices heard during this crucial prototyping phase.
Just a few rules...
1) Start with your first name and congratulatory message.
2) Feel free to make a reasonable request
3) Please keep all messages positive and clean. Do not bash another toy company.
4) Keep your video between 15 and 20 seconds in length. A lot can be said in that amount of time and remember, these are busy people.
5) Unfortunately all messages must be in English. Sorry for any inconvenience.
6) You don't need to reveal your face if you don't feel comfortable. You can show your collections if you'd like.
Feel free to be creative as well. Even though the videos are short, you can show off your collection, your favorite Jurassic merchandise, or your favorite toy or collectible. Have fun.